NEWPORT VINEYARDS, New England’s premier vineyard destination, looks for passionate and dedicated candidates who are interested in joining one of Newport County’s most unique destinations.
We look for bright, driven, positive candidates with an unquenchable thirst for knowledge to add to our team. Must have a passion for food, beverage and farm to table dining with a desire to learn more and educate our guests. The ideal candidate will demonstrate how they will meet and exceed our goals of service, hospitality and customer satisfaction.
NEWPORT VINEYARDS, New England’s premier vineyard destination, is looking for passionate and dedicated candidates who are interested in joining one of Newport County’s most unique destinations.
Newport Vineyards is hiring a full-time Restaurant Manager for our on-site restaurant, Brix.
We are looking for a bright, driven, positive candidate with an unquenchable thirst for knowledge to add to our Front of House team. The ideal candidate has a passion for food, beverage and farm to table dining with a desire to learn more and educate our guests. Candidates must be able to meet and exceed our goal of customer expectations and satisfaction during their visit with us.
- Excellent customer service skills: it is essential that you maintain an energetic, friendly and positive attitude at all times
- Food, farm, wine, beer and beverage knowledge of all items on the menu
- Winery history & Vineyard knowledge
- Execute all of the Café, Brix, Tasting Room and events as needed or during managers’ absence
- Execute all Brix opening and closing needs, including all opening and end of day financial procedures
- Hiring new staff and termination as needed
- Solve any guest issues quickly and efficiently
- Able to assist, help and perform any Brix staff member’s job function
- Respond to additional guest requirements by observing the dining process or inquiring of any needs
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- All opening and closing supervisor side-work, which may include: checking in staff, answering phones, checking kitchen specials, observing opening and closing staff, reconciliation, POS end of day receipts and moneys, filling out all daily management forms, making daily brix flow plans, moving of tables, polishing of glasses/silverware, lifting glass racks, washing and stocking of all FOH equipment & items, cleaning all FOH areas, filling all FOH ramekins/caddies/salt & peppers holders, must be able to complete all FOH side-work in a timely manner
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Must be TIPS certified
- Able to work a flexible schedule including holidays and weekends
- Able to work on a POS system, Microsoft word, Excel
- Protects establishment and guests by adhering to sanitation, safety, and alcohol beverage control policies
Skills and Qualifications
General Math Skills, Verbal Communication, Customer Service, Resolving Conflict, Teamwork, Persistence, Energy Level, Selling to Customer Needs, Thoroughness, Professionalism, Client Relationships
Please submit cover letter, resume and position desired. No walk-ins.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider, and employer.
In accordance with federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
To file a complaint of discrimination, write to usda, director, office of civil rights, 1400 independence avenue, s.w., washington, d.c. 20250-9410, or call (800)795-3272 (voice) or (202)720-6382 (tdd). usda is an equal opportunity provider employer, and lender.